[IRCA] UNID on 1062, revisited

At 09:26 AM 4/14/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>To me it sounds like Chinese, but not standard Chinese (Mandarin)
>
>My first guess is the Pearl River EBS station  in Guangzhou with Cantonese
>programming.  I'm pretty sure I've heard it but I've never knowingly
>gotten an ID.
>
>Bruce
>
>Bill Harms wrote:
>>http://grayland06.dxclipjoint.com/clips/01062-20061007-0942.mp3 and
>>attached file.
>>
>>Guys, any ideas who this might be?
>>
>>Bill

Haven't been in the Far East in 22 years, so I don't know how CNR, the
Taiwanese, the Koreans
or the Japanese sound nowadays; but even now the 1062 thing just "sounds"
like a Taiwanese.
The gal behind the mike sounds like she has a life, and maybe enjoys
announcing.

The Mainlanders, on the other hand, always sounded so "stuffy." Following
Party Line.

Shanghai City always has had a psychology of its own, and no matter the
Party Line, the
people in that city always were apt to push the limits. This is borne out
in what I
heard from the dial. Shanghai stations seemed to be the first to start
running commercial
ads, and some of them were cute. Sounded like someone had a good time
producing them.
Shanghai being what it is, I'll bet the station personnel who did the spots
weren't sent
out for political reeducation.

As for the little, 1-kW commercial Taiwanese, they sounded "provincial,"
with thick
accents, mis-cues and flubs. Fun listening, just the same.

73,

Charles

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina