[IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Saturday morning

1566 HLAZ was good at 1219 utc, with English preacher speaking one sentence
at a time, then waiting while it was translated into whatever Asian language
the translator was using. Radio Rossii also good at the same time, 153, 180,
189, 234, 279. 1287 poor/weak, playing pop music, with Asian announcer after
the song, 1225 utc. 1206 poor with talk, 1227 utc. The high end had weak to
strong hets just about every channel, down to 1053 kHz or so at first.
Later, 828 had poor audio, 1313 utc. 1116 had 4BC with a number of very
brief fadeups, some to weak/medium level between 1314-1330 utc.
I've been using a prototype of a new Wellbrook broadband antenna/phasing
system for a number of months. It works superbly for the high band Asian
reception, and 1566 is significantly better heard with it than on my E/W
longwire or my NW/SE ALA100 100' loop. I don't know if Wellbrook will
eventually market this antenna. It requires some physical distance to space
the antennas in order to get the good front/back directionality, which not
everyone would have the room to do, and it takes quite a bit of coax cable.
But very little tuning or tweaking of the phaser controls is needed, just
tune the radio and switch the direction switch for the desired direction for
very good nulls in the opposite direction.
73,
Steve
NE Oregon