[IRCA] Radio built into a pencil, 1939

fun article from 1939

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/04/11/radio_built_into_a_p.html
Radio built into a pencil, 1939
I love the idea of a crystal set radio built into a pencil, as illustrated
in this September, 1939 issue of Modern Mechanix. It reminds me of the
clandestine radio built into the water bottles in James Clavell's kick-ass
WWII novel King
Rat<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0440145465/downandoutint-20>.

A MIDGET crystal set, built into a common lead pencil, is the technician's
answer to demands for a personalized radio receiver. The crystal and cat's
whisker are built into eraser end of pencil. Headphones complete the outfit.
Construction plans for a similar device were carried in the May issue of
this magazine.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/04/11/pencil-forms-midget-radio-set/