[IRCA] Mount Lake Terrace KKZU-1510

At 10:09 AM 4/1/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>"Charlie,
>
>KWDB does have a decent signal down here all day at 200 miles, but it is
>surrounded by water and I am sure that helps.  >>>Must be the Lakewood
>station you are talking about, Mountlake Terrace was on 1510<<<. Got those
>under several calls too.  Mountlake Terrace (old KURB) disappeared back
>in the mid 80s I believe had a zillion call changes too. 1480, as well
>as 1420 are rare to hear. Both null this way.
>73, Patrick"

Patrick,

That's the one! I think the consulting engineer who prepared the application
for KISD/KJTT/KWDB-1110 also set up KKZU-1510 as his own station, maybe as a
challenge as it was supposed to be a difficult "drop-in" and hard to
engineer the pattern.

It seems to me that KKZU-1510 was a difficult one, and I heard it by chance.
Also seems to have been doomed (as I saw it) from the beginning as a non-
viable operation.

Does anyone in the Sea/Tac area know the engineer's name? He was about 60
(in 1985)

Charles

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
Greenville, North Carolina