[IRCA] Accidental DX

Gerring.

Last Saturday evening (March 31) I was listening to the St. Louis Cardinals playing the 1st annual Civil Rights game. We were playing the Cleveland Indians. I was using my GE SuperRadio upstairs in the bedroom when I have to hear the ball games on radio as my wife had taken over the TV.

I am listening to KTRS, and everything is great, with a loud clear signal. Then in the fourth inning the station pulled the plug, and went into a broadcast of the St. L Blues last home hockey game!

I Arrrrgggghhhh!!!! So I slowly went through the AM band to find an afilliate on the Cardinals network to hear the rest of the game. I found the game, BUT the announcers were NOT familiar!

When they broke for an ID It came as WTAM, 1100 Cleveland! I did have it on NARROW, but that close to powerhouse KMOX is unusual! So, I listened to the rest of the game from the enemy's point of view. I liked it! I also added another station to my log, and sent out a report.

I swear i was NOT trying for it!

Terry Klasek
Saint Louis, Missouri