From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Block
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:55 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Morse Code on 1220 ??

Doug

This is very interesting as about 2 years ago I heard Morse Code on 1220
for 2 days and I never did find out who or what it was.  It was also
just above the noise level and the speed was very slow.   From here the
direction was N/S.  Could this be one of the same?

Bill Block
Prescott Valley, AZ
Drake R8 > From: oregon4wd@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 03:16:56 -0700> Subject: [IRCA] Morse Code on 1220 ??>
> 0318 PDT > I'm hearing what sounds like morse code on 1220 khz. The
noise floor and signal are pretty close and I haven't been able to
decipher it as of yet. The tone is around 1khz and is consistant with no
lengthy breaks. Direction is primarily NW/SE. I can hear it through
semi-local KPJC in Salem, in the AM mode as well as a little better
using CW. I don't know if it's data or what. The skill of the sender
doesn't appear to be all that good and it appears to be in the 5-10 wpm
range, but it's inconsistant. Ideas? Thanks.> 73- Doug Pifer> Albany,
OR> Drake R8B, Kiwa Loop>
editors, publishing staff, or officers> > For more information:
http://www.ircaonline.org> > To Post a message: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>