Re: [IRCA] WATS-980? unIDed

At 07:42 PM 3/30/2007 -0700, George Sherman wrote:

"WAZS Summerville, SC is almost a perfect call match. Listed as Spanish on
radio-locator. Only oldies listed w/in several hundred miles WUUS,
Rossville, GA & WHAW Weston, WV.

73, George S, MN."
======================================================================================================
At 09:52 PM 3/30/2007 -0500, Willis "Monkee" Monk wrote:

"Chaw-ley,

I am willing to bet that you have some rear DX in this catch!

980 WAZS SUMMERVILLE SC 1000 131 NDA  OLDIES ROCKET 980

You heard them after they powered down for the night.

Willis, K4APE
Old Fort, TN
======================================================================================================

George & Willis,

After my query to the reflector, I looked at the NRC 2006 AM Log, I thunk
fer a spell. I figgered, "That's prolly WAZS with a dif'ernt format than what's
listed in NRC Log."

Makes sense: Charleston is their market on day power. At night, their
coverage goes to 1/3 of their day coverage. They loose Charleston to
co-channel interference from WTEM, Warshingdung.

Doubt that they have listeners at night.

Willis, where do you get your info?

73 de Chollie

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP

Greenville, North Carolina