Re: [IRCA] Another perspective on AM IBOC, from the broadcasters' mailing list

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Even if every station in America fired up with daytime IBOC, I still
> have plenty of channels here that have no significant first-adjacent
> daytime that would throw hash over me, starting at 590 and going up
> to 1600.

*** But, realistically, daytime DX ( defined arbitrarily as 2 hours
post-sunrise to 2 hours pre-sunset ) isn't where the DX'ing is nor has
been for many years. Most times what you hear is what you've heard
already. At night, even if all the stations currently running IBOC
daytimes do so also at night, that's a lot of interference on a lot of
channels in a lot of places.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]