Re: [IRCA] 1116 English

Dennis,

Ah, the good ol' days, 1980 for DUs. Those were the hey-days. DUland
from LSS in Australia to LSR here on the coast. Piles of them with some
frequencies loaded with 3 or 4. I even logged a few 100 watters
including 7SH-1584-St. Helens, Tasmania (ABC). The X Band then was full
of the RPH stations (Radio for the Print Handicapped(). They were all
500 watts on 1620 & 1629 khz. I logged them all. A piece of cake, night
after night. I thought those days would go on forever. But alas, they
didn't. By the mid 80s, the DU signals dropped off drastically. I even
nabbed ZK1ZC 630 Cook Islands  with 500 watts. I even got a QSL. Brings
back a lot of wonderful memories.
   Keep after 4BC. You will hear it in time. They probably have an ERP
of 10 or 12 KW to the NE. They get out well.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager