Re: [IRCA] UnID's Help - WMRI AM

>     Here's a thought. The 2006-07 Purdue Sports Network
>
> (http://purduesports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/m-bball-radio-network.html)
> shows a WMRI AM, 860 in Marion, IN. and two (2) stations on 1230 kHz:
> Hammond - WJOB-AM, and Logansport - WSAL-AM.
>
>     The ID sounds exactly like you and Charlie said, W M R I    A M

There's no connection between WMRI and either of those northern Indiana
1230s. In fact, WMRI's owners, Mid-America, are the competition in
Logansport to WSAL.

http://www.fybush.com/sites/2005/site-050225.html
http://www.fybush.com/sites/2005/site-050325.html

Particularly since this was not a TOH ID, I'm standing by my theory that
we're hearing a syndicated show that just happens to be reading a letter
from a listener who hears it on WMRI.

Here's a thought - WMRI is a MOYL affiliate. So is WHUC 1230 Hudson NY,
which would be a very plausible catch at Russ' QTH...