Re: [IRCA] UnID's Help

Charles A Taylor wrote:
> At 04:59 PM 3/25/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>> I've posted a couple of new unID's - one on 1230, the other on 1480.
>> They're available at
>>

>> http://www.wtfda.info/forumdisplay.php?f=38
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>> Russ Edmunds
>
> Russ,
>
> I listened several times to the 1230 thing. It certainly sounds like
> "WMRI." But the 2005-6 NRC Log just doesn't show anything like that!

It definitely does sound like "WMRI," and is even followed by an "AM 860."

Here's my theory:

I think this is a syndicated show you're hearing, possibly a Broadway
music show. It sounds like the very beginning of the clip is "Dear
Broadway (something)," and I hear a "Sincerely," after that. So I think
the host of this syndicated show, whatever it is, is reading letters
from listeners, which happen to mention the local station they're
listening to.

I think Blaine Thompson (who doesn't read this list, but moderates the
NRC list and can be reached by e-mail at blaine@xxxxxxxx) knows people
at WMRI, and might be able to find out what syndicated show this is...at
which point you'd just have to see (sigh) which 1230 would have been
running this, and when.