Re: [IRCA] Need a radio reccomendation..

Re: [IRCA] Need a radio reccomendation..

Kaito KA-1102 AM/FM/SW digital tuning w/single sideband. It fits in most pockets: 5.5"L x 3.5" H x 1"D. $64.95+ $9.95 shipping on eBay from radiosforyou.com. Also, available from Universal slightly used with 60 day warranty for $59.95 + $6.95 shipping www.rffun.com . The narrow AM filter is less than 4 kHz with ultimate rejection 80db. The FM is about 20db+ adjacent channel selectivity. FM overloads close to transmitters but you can hear semi-locals by pushing the telescoping antenna partway down. Antenna can be down & folded over for local listening.

  There are fine tuning steps 1 kHz for MW + SW, 10 kHz  for FM, clarifier for single sideband. FM sensitivity <10uv vs <25uv for GE Superadio. AM weaker due to size <1,000 uv but I get a 200uv signal readable. SW sens is <20uv. AM could be boosted up by placing loop next to it, like $39.95 Terk AM advantage.

  Has local/DX switch, wide/narrow AM, FM bass boost on/off, 190 memories, scanning-auto or memory, direct keypad entry, hi/lo tone switch, 1/8" headphone jack-can also be used as line out, comes w/3AA rechargeables & AC charging adapter, battery strength indicator, 3-4 LED signal strength indicator, 12/24 clock, stand on back, carry strap, soft case, wire antenna, earbuds, up/down buttons, 3 on/off timers, dual conversion onMW+SW, 66mm speaker, sleep timer 1-99 minutes, backlight & keypad light, SW coverage 3 Mhz-29999 kHz, FM starts at 70 mHz, digital volume, lock. 73, George S., MN

"Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hello everyone:

I need a reccoemndation for a good walkman.

It needs to be digital, SW band coverage would be great but I'd settle for
just AM/FM. It needs to have fairly good selectivity as I'm 3 miles from an
FM tower and 250 feet from an AM stick. (A Walkman that has a way for me to
record it's output would be cool too, but totally not necessary)

My pair oif headphones has a long cord, so that unfortunately affects the
reception a little bit too.. I've yet to find a pair that I like without
such a long cord. The kinda headphones I go for cover my entire ear and then
some, kinda blocking out the rest of the world's noise.

I don't want to spend alot of money, but if it's a good radio I'm willing to
consider it.

--
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
www.walkerbroadcasting.com