Re: [IRCA] 927 unid

At 09:04 PM 3/24/2007, you wrote:

>For the first time in at least 20 years, decided to make a beverage
>expedition to the northern Santa Cruz County coast (37-13N 122.14W,
>CM87vb) with the wire aimed at 320 degrees which points at Japan and
>Korea.  Results were somewhat disappointing due to limited signal
>strength, noise, and a lot of domestic splatter.  It was mostly a JJ
>morning with all the big guns present + 1566 KK & NK-657, 819;  not a
>peep out of China or Russia.  One exception was a carrier on 1611 for
>which I see only low power Australians listed.  One thing I hoped to do
>was to ID the source of the strong carrier on 927 I have been hearing at
>home all season, so I spent over an hour up to dawn to nail this one
>down.  Fair audio at times, but the domestic "monkey chatter" made it
>very hard to concentrate on the language.  Seemed to be more JJ in
>character, but SK and NK are also listed with equal or greater power.
>Any of them would be a new logging.  Does anybody have a better handle on
>who this could be?  Pat? Nick? Greylanders?
>
>Art Peterson
>Richmond, CA, DXing near Davenport, CA
>FRG-7, 1200-ft terminated beverage/BOG (on bushes and on ground)

Art, unfortunately you chose a poor morning compared to the last several mornings.  As for NK vs SK:  generally the North Koreans are virtually always off frequency by a 100 Hz or more, so this gives a good hint.  I had a quick look at my loggings but this is not a common frequency reported.  I didn't get any audio the week I was on the Charlottes in February.  I see that John Bryant has heard a station on 926.92....I'd say most likely NK.  Now I've reviewed this past season's loggings.  I heard NHK1 on 927 on October 9th, and unknown station on October 7th....both on the Charlottes.  I see that John Bryant had snippets of audio several times, without comment, although on one day in the early fall, he did mention a ?KK and a frequency of 926.94.  There's my contribution, if that helps at all.........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria

Checked by AVG Free Edition.