Re: [IRCA] Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC Rules Next Week

Re: [IRCA] Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC Rules Next Week

My low end here is also trashed beyond recognition days and presunset. My
phased BOG setups are so good that I can with the proper wires copy Montreal
690 pre IBOC(yes thru MI and paste WI) and Winnepeg 990(phase Chi 1000 and
aim NW) daytimes to give you an idea of my setup here and what I have lost
(not to mention WABC and WOR all day from Wisconsin's Lake Mich frontage
buried in Chi's IBOC)

Pardon what may be perceived as my arrogance, but any of you here unless you
live right by either ocean and can use serious antennas to null stateside
stuff and only care about foreign stations you will have no more AM  DX
hobby if nite IBOC is wide spread. Analog and IBOC cannot coexist on AM.

Time to wake up and smell the roses before they wilt for ever. I live near
Chicago and KOA's (Denver !!) IBOC til 7 PM Central time ruins 860 and 840
for sunset skip etc etc etc as a non trivial example and this is inspite of
a non IBOC local on 850 which I can get past if KOA is not IBOCing.

73 KAZ who will hopefully nab KMTI's DX test in 26 hours as one of his last
achievements in this hobby unless he leaves the US when he soon retires,
which will happen at least part time.

Pardon my arrogance once again, but my Wisconsin setup and QTH are clearly
the best anyone has in the Central US but the hobby will end here for me and
I will sell the estate where we had last summer's Milw/Madison GTG, the next
time real estate prices boom once again and raise money for something along
southeast coastal Newfoundland where I will hopefully spend several months
a year when I retire.

Hopefully not my last 73..KAZ..Barrington IL, Grafton WI