Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC Rules Next Week

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Here it Comes....FCC To Release IBOC Rules Next Week

Rocco's numbers are legion. They've plenty to say about HD, none of it good.
They'll not be maginalized by HD flacks nor will they tolerate 90s spin from a
complicit FCC.

Not everyone is as stupid as the FCC. I say that based upon statements of FCC
personnel.

 I learned of DXng from non-DXers, my family. They weren't 'expert' in radio.
They simply knew, as does everyone else, 'at night your hear far off
interesting stations'.

  How will HDBund beat that? With more fanciful claims, cries of 'hard work',
and callous dismissals? Has residual suet from frequent well-oiled
NAB/iNiquity/FCC power lunches made The Great Arterial Leap Upward, from gluteous
maximus to cranium?

 FCC is reasonable. HDBund tell FCC how it will be. In manner most
reasonable, a 'corporate pushover FCC chairman and know-nothing commissioners fold'.

Whatever you've heard, it's a thousand times worse. Today's stupefacted
Commission has no idea what they regulate. But as with all 90s types, vanity is
their Achilles' Heel.

 If industry hacks who don't read this or any other board find citizen outcry
over HD perfidy unpleasant thus far, they'll be pleased to learn it's but
mild prologue.

  First point in East Bay Express article, before sentence one, is crucial.
Author isn't 'expert' in radio, nor need he be, he just enjoys it. As with
author, so with his readers.

They're the Roccos of this country. After decades listening to both signals
and people, the latter under interesting circumstances, my ears are somewhat
attuned to detect bullshale. But the Rocco's make me look like, well, a gullible
uninformed Commissioner.

 Broadcasters increasingly state, it would be best to write this turkey and
cut high future losses. Tales of engineer coercion will prove most troubling -
and costly.

Our influence counts. Let's use it.

                                                   Dr. Zecchino

PS - HDBund still promises 'traffic texting'. Why the delay? Can't they make
it work?
       Why not? RDS has been working fine for a while. Is it incompetence?

       Besides, do they really think drivers want to watch the radio? These
geeks really
       do need to take hourly short walks. Improves the brain's blood gas/O2
ratio.

"So? How's it feel to get out of the office?"
                    - Sgt. Jack Vincennes,
                     "L.A. Confidential", c. 1997

PV Zecchino, T.D.
Manasuet Key, FL