Re: [IRCA] More IBOC

> After night IBOC
> gets implimented, why even continue with analog? The band will be full
> of noise that in most cases the analog signal will not have a prayer to
> make it out 50 miles.

According to the conspiracy theorists (of which I am kind of one...)
that is the whole point:

Stop people from tuning in radio stations outside their listening
area.

I knew there was something odd about American AM Radio when
I was tuning around the dial at sunrise this fall (on the West Coast)
and swished the dial past seven spots on the dial (picking up about 3 or 4 states
in the process...), hearing the EXACT same programming (Coast to Coast radio...)

Let's face it ladies and gentlemen - the days of chasing a 250W station in
Kansas on a graveyard frequency, running a local farm report are almost gone.

Who knows what will happen. Maybe the end isn't near. Maybe enough
people will eschew this crap and the equipment will be phased out
after a few years.
Let's cross our fingers.

--
Colin Newell - Victoria B.C. Canada