Re: [IRCA] Dubya Dubya EL Norlins, Lousiana

Re: [IRCA] Dubya Dubya EL Norlins, Lousiana

> Friday 03 09 07 00:10 PST,Victoria,BC- Listening to
> Coast to Coast AM with George Norrie on "The Big L"
> WWL 870 in New Orleans with an increasingly clear
> signal beating down a spanish station by the
> minute.Mid-program ad break with ID "WWL" only,no freq
> or location,no need for details I guess,call sign is
> enough.Station break at 00:30 : The Big 870 and 105.3
> WWL FM The News and Sports Leaders.--Bill in BC.

>From here in Eastern Tennessee, WWL is a pest. Even on a nice cold winter
day, I can hear them in the day time. The stations Don K. mentioned in his
post, I can hear every night of the week. WBAP is nightly visitor, as is
WBZ, etc. I enjoyed WBAP, as it keep in touch with the home news, but now
that Bill Mack is gone it isn't fun any more.

The biggest pest I have to put with is Cuba. Their everywhere! Even on the
grave yard channels.

As for west coast stations, I have heard KFI and KCBS here in Tennessee, but
it's been years ago, early 90's.

>From Texas, it was easy to hear both coast on a regular basis. But, that was
in the 50's and 60's. Wonder what has happened? Is it just propagation, or
to many stations on one frequency? Or perhaps some deep dark conspiracy by
the government, that Coast to Coast would be interested in?

Willis
Old Fort, TN