Re: [IRCA] TP DX 7 Mar

At 14:09 07/03/2007, I wrote:

>Lots of other audio on the low band, haven't even had time to get to
>the high band yet.

Actually, I never got there....too much going on on the low band.  By
the time I got to the high band, anything there was pretty much gone.

Anyway, pretty amazing morning, listening from 1400-1430 UT.  The
usual rapid ups and downs, to the point where you'd figure any
channel that had a carrier, and most did, could have popped up into
audio at any moment, then disappear again. Highlights:

720 had a hum on it at one point though no non-EE audio.  747 also
showed a hum battling with the dominant (sometimes very dominant)
NHK2 signal.  1053 had a big carrier, but no audio.  Wonder if the
Korean jammer is not modulating?

Audio mostly limited to grumbling in the splatter:  558, 594 (that's
what my notes say, but I know it was armchair later, just didn't note
it as too obvious), 675, 693, 702, 801, 855 (hiding under a massive
hum), 1143, 1242, 1305.

Audio limited to a few words, enough to try IDing language: 531, 585,
639 (not CC, maybe EE?), 657, 666, 711 (KK?),  738 EE? direction
ambiguous on loop, 864, 873, 972 though with usual massive carrier,
1017 not NHK, not China, 1134 limited by splash, 1287.

Fair strength audio:  549, 567JJ, 612 Aussie, 621 x2 but such a mess
as to be unreadable,  774,828, 945 China, 963 likely CRI

Good audio, if only briefly:  747, 576 Russia

Good fun.

best wishes,

Nick