Re: [IRCA] FW: HD radios in a store near you

Re: [IRCA] FW: HD radios in a store near you

Bob,

The sooner they find out no one wants their IBOC garbage the better.
This too will disappear. As one great CE told me  years ago when IBOC
was being discussed in the early 90s, "AM is not broke. You don't need
to fix it". Programming needs to improve a lot so people will listen to
it. I still remember visiting a DXer back in the early 70s. He had
really a nice "HI-FI" and he had a station on, I thought for sure was
FM. The audio quality was excellent. I was surprised to hear it was an
AM station, KEX. At nearly $300 a pop for an IBOC radio, I doubt many
will buy it. Hey, HDTV is not all that popular, and that is TV, not
radio.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin