Re: [IRCA] KFQD

At 08:19 02/03/2007, you wrote:
>  Nick, didn't you log KFQD from the motel at the IRCA
>convention in Sept? I think you did.

Indeed I did, Patrick....but I don't want to have to go to Seaside
whenever I want to hear KFQD!

What is really interesting is that the Adak beacon on 530 kHz isn't
that uncommon here.  That's a lot further away than KFQD, and a lot
lower power supposedly.   Yes, its programming is restricted to its
ID, and the interference is limited to TIS's and RVC, so I guess that
makes it easier, but maybe the real secret is that its signal doesn't
have to travel so much across the mountains of Vancouver Island as KFQD's does.

best wishes,
Nick