Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:51:18 EST
From: D1028Gary@xxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] Sony ICF-S5W vs Sony ICF-EX5
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As most medium-wave DXers know, after Sony  discontinued the top-rated
ICF-S5W in 1981, it has never returned to the USA  market with a medium-wave
DX
specialty portable.  But a little-known fact  is that the Japanese market
has had
a phenomenally successful medium-wave DX  receiver sold continuously since
1985... the Sony ICF-EX5.

     <SNIP>

Best wishes,  Gary DeBock/N7EKX (in Puyallup,  WA)