Re: [IRCA] transferring recordings from cassettes to digital media

Re: [IRCA] transferring recordings from cassettes to digital media

CAT:

This all depends on how you want to store your treasures:

- with 32 kb MP3, each cassette (assumed mono) will need 14.4 MB so all 25
cassettes will need 360 MB and therefore fit onto a single CD easily. You
could double the rate to 64 kb and still fit everything on 1 CD if you want
more than "DX" quality.

- if you want to make a music CD, you can normally fit 80 minutes on a CD.
Just to make things easier, let's say you make a CD per cassette to keep
from having to split stuff across CD's. So you're talking about 25 CD's.

- if you want to make a CD full of wav files (but as a data CD not a music
CD), let's say you pick 11.025 kHz sampling at 16 bits. That's 79.38 MB per
cassette so you could fit 10 cassettes on a normal CD.

Chuck