[IRCA] Robins say spring is coming

Bob,

Three days ago, I saw a flock of some 12 robins pause next door and
commence to chow down on some berries from the trees there. Robins are
supposed to be checked out on the coming of Spring, and NC is not within
their wintering area.

So perhaps Spring is coming soon. However, we have predicted a 19-degree
(F) night on Tuesday. Unusual, sub-20 weather in e. NC.

I don't know about groundhogs, or whether the famous/infamous groundhog in
Pennsylvania observed his shadow, but robins and cardinals have been voting
for an early Spring down here.

73 de Charlie

At 08:10 AM 2/2/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Radio is broadcasting the news about Groundhog day.
>The way I have always understood it is that, with one shadow
>option, Spring will be here in six short weeks, and with
>the other option, there are six long weeks of winter
>ahead.
>
>- Bob

        -----
Charles A Taylor, WD4INP