From: "Duane Fischer, W8DBF" <dfischer@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [Heathkit] Another new ham will hit the airwaves soon
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:40:10 -0500

Two thumbs up Robert! Good for you and welcome!

Remember that brilliant bunch of brawling farmers that formed the
Conservative party and set forth this bromide: "Waste not, want not"? This
gets right into serious Descartes neuron mapping of a surviveable trail
through the Carnivor infested jungle of truth in journalism! For one can not waste that which one does not have, but only wants to have. Nor can one want
that which one does not know first exists to want. Hence, one can not waste
a want on a whim, only a piece of produce with a price in flux upon it. Now
this ancient bromide endured until a brilliant professor of lower learning
at a higher priced academic reformatory discovered that the Devinchi code
when applied to the individual characters and the resulting numeric value
combined with the other characters numeric values and then the 'mean' for
the entire bromide determined, caused the translation from its original
roots in formal English to be altered. So "Waste not, want not", becomes "If
you do not want to have a waist that truly is a waste! Then do not waste
your days wanting less waist, but avoid eating your way through the salad
bar and then devouring the dessert bar due to shame from guilt. The means to
the end, that is, the way to not have a big butt is to want not and your
waist will  shall overcome your wast fill impulses!

So Bob, what you have done is not a waste, but a means to the end of looking
at the AES catalog and lusting after that beautiful Brass cast straight key
with those .925% Silver TX posts, deep luster black base with light
refracting clear lacquer finish and smart Dit/Dah grip that instantly molds
itself to perfectly match the painful arthritic joint crippling those long
hours of code practice caused. No more Bob! Now you can legally send Morse
code all over the planet and beyond! Please do not let the fact that being
able to send and receive five words per minute of Morse code is no longer a
requirement to get your Ham license. The rumor mill has it that members of
the QCWA, Quarter Century Wireless Association, (you must send CW for at
least 25 years before they allow you to pay your dues and join their
organization), is now giving a special "WAS" certificate (worked all states)
to members who now pound Brass with their toes because BBS (brittle bone
syndrome) in their hands causes accidental characters to be inserted when a
muscle or tendon suddenly does a little Chubby Checker "Twist" twitch!

Now with the code gone, no more of that to worry about! So welcome to the
Morse free and mouse driven world of Ham Radio. Which raises the question:
If a person is a Ham, is he/she necessarily a Pork byproduct?

Who cares! Welcome Bob, glad to have you among the ranks! Remember! You can
get your QST issues free if you time your monthly visit to the recycled
paper pickup branch office just right! Depending on the weather, a couple of
green stamps or a hot mug of coffee or hot chocolate, and you leave with
that year's issues in your "Be green! Recycle! He who wastes not, hurls in
this bucket a lot!"

Duane Fischer, W8DBF
dfischer@xxxxxxxx
HHI: Halligan's Hallicrafters International
http://www.w9wze.net
HHRP: Historic Halligan Radio Project
http://hhrp.w9wze.net