Re: [IRCA] new bill may impact media

"Anyone who messes with the content of radio could tomorrow just as
easily mess with the content of newspapers, trying to make the
coverage there match someone's notion of fairness."

Without regard to who is right and who is wrong with the "free speech" issue
and the "fairness doctrine", there is a fundamental difference between
newspapers and broadcast.  We, the people, own the airways. The government,
on our behalf, regulates access to the airways. Those who broadcast do so
not with a fundamental right, but only through license.
We, the people, don't own the newspapers.  Old rule of thumb:  Never argue
or make an enemy out of someone who buys ink by the barrels and paper by the
ton.  <g>
73, Gil NN4CW