Re: [IRCA] new bill may impact media

There are two political commentators that I regularly listen (ed) to and
both of them do it with humor, Al Franken and Lionel, it seems Al is gone
and my local Air America station is now SS so that leaves me with Lionel at
night on WWKB or WOR.
I started listening to political talk radio when my last AM oldies station
which was half way decent, True Oldies became another blowhard political
talk show of which I was already bombarded with around here. FM except for
jazz, blues, old country etc. on NPR and PRI had long ago put me to sleep
also. Whether the fairness doctrine would work or completely ruin radio is
of course a matter of conjecture but it would certainly be nice to balance
all the rightwing blowhards that are constatly spewing all of their hot air
around here and remember this is the People's Republic of Ma. here. I can't
imagine what Iowa or Utah sounds like, anyone?
I'd like to see pillpop (haha!) and Al Franken do a joint show, now that
would be fairness, or how about Michael Savage (who eats raw meat for
breakfast) and Randi Rhodes, that would be a good one. Steven Colbert and
Bill "I'm a war veteran" O'reilly just did appearances on each other's
shows.
A lot of people here may disagree with me but I think that NPR and PRI are a
lot more balanced than anything you'll hear just about any place else on
radio.

Bob Young
Analogville, People's Repuplic of Ma.