Re: [IRCA] not TP 1 Jan

> Hope the rest of 2007 shows better conditions than this
> morning....practically no carriers anywhere 1545-1600UT.

I think Nick would agree - at the 49th Parallel, we are
under the influence of some kind of auroral thing that
does not effect the folks 300 miles to the south.

Personally, I tossed in the towel about three or four weeks
ago after punishing winds, snow, ice and rain pulverized
my balcony/lanai area,  destroying potted plants and
flipping aside 40+ pound weights that were anchoring
the "all-weather" boxes that hold the ALA100's.
My Loops, on the other hand, and whip antennas hung
in without budging against 100+ mph gusts - hula-hoop
type antennas do not offer much resistance to wind,
nor do whip antennas.
In the last 7 days or so, I have been listening in the
evening - and other than domestics, it has been pretty
sparse.
--
Colin Newell - in Victoria B.C. Canada
Creator www.coffeecrew.com | www.dxer.ca |