Re: [IRCA] MW 1377 above active this morning

At 15:39 31/12/2006, you wrote:

>MW band above 1377 has many carriers this morning.

By 1604UT, audios heard on 1377, 1503, 1566 (by far the best; good
level at times), 1575 and 1593.   For the most part these fought with
the splatter, and only 1593 ID'd so far as China, poor in splash, but
//5030 w/female talk.

At 1607UT though, 1377 was pretty darn good w/ CC talk by woman,
//5030 and sometimes better readability! (thanks to Dennis for the
heads up on this)

Low band continued very dull though.  Earlier lack of hearing of NHK2
big guns was likely due to them being off the air by 1505UT this
morning, though given 594's wimpy carrier, I'd say they wouldn't have
amounted to much.

(as an aside, just now, 1566 had a solo rendition in EE of "We Wish
You a Merry Christmas"....)

These were all generally better on the westerly Flag. Yes, I checked
TA channels as well, and no sign of any carrier better on the
northerly Flag though it's obviously the better of the two Flags for
such signals.

best wishes,

Nick