Re: [IRCA] WITH 1230 move to the Internet

Re: [IRCA] WITH 1230 move to the Internet

Scott:

	What you are saying does sound like what is going on.  However, I do
question the move to all Internet.  I doubt they had that many
listeners in DC to begin with and their internet audio feed sounds
terrible. The whole concept of local stations going to the internet
and staying viable is beyond me.  Going to the internet alone means
that the station joins the 100,000's of other audio feeds out there.
That means instead of being one of say 25 to 50 options (on AM and
FM), they become just another webcaster.  I even tried streaming
audio myself with old time radio programs. With all the people out
there trying webcasting, how is a station like NewsTalkDC.com going
to compete?

	WRBS started their programing with an ID at 1500 EST 12/22 as far as
I can determine.   WITH with Dennis Prager was on during the 1200 to
1500 slot and WRBS was on at 1500.