[IRCA] XE Fun

Finally broke away from other interests and obligations (including tenacious and tedious redo of the Mexican list I put out a couple of years ago) to tune the radio. I was tempted, after learning that the first indigenous Indian station I'd logged, XEANT in San Luis Potosi, had moved from 1070 to 770 ... might be audible at s/off ... Tuned 770 at 0059 UTC turned on tape and got a nice XEANT ID, but they continued beyond 0100 with woman talking ... went to 720 and found Radio Fórmula station dominating XEDE (with its relatively new slogan, "La Kaliente" and found great string of local commercials with frequent "Radio Fórmula Veracruz" mentions for good tape ... all that's missing is an XEAVR call ID.

LG, LG, La Grande was good on 680 at brief look-in. For a couple of nights XERFR-740 has been strong,(that's the only call I get ... want a local Torreón break but it seems totally enlaced with 970 ... Old friend XEGF and another Latino were in there, too ... but instead of trying to do something further with 740, I found loud, dominant signal on 960 with Imagen net informational programming ... undoubtedly uneeded XEK (though I'd like to tape a full ID from them some night.)

Up to 980 for a long string of Tampico commercials ... (XETU not new) .. But on 950, two new stations added, fighting for domination, with about as different a programming as possible ... A lot of shouting by excited man, with a couple of female voices and occasional crowd noise, ranchera and banda music is XECEL, Radio Lobo, in Celaya, Gto., while the station with romantic music and slogan "Romántica 950 AM" with slogan twice and time check between each record is XETO in Tampico. Interesting on XECEL to hear raucous banda musical selection to the tune of that slow, sedate U.S. love song from 40 years ago, "Eternally."

"R-R" code faintly audible in the background from Cuba.

Fun ...

John Callarman, Krum TX