Re: [IRCA] Palstar MW550P

John,

I bought mine from John Bryant. He had bought it from Palstar. There was
a problem with the board with weak signals, but I sent it to Paul at
Palstar, he replaced it free and mailed it back. Since then, I have had
no trouble. Guy's experience with the unit being broad below 580 has not
been an issue. Mine gets broad below 540-550, so no issue. Out here I
have three 1 KW locals in the county, so RF is not a problem. I like
mine for several reasons. The main thing is the sellectivity and the
unit is quiet. Stations 10 KHZ away are several DB down, so the unit
improves the signal most of the time knocking the splatter down. I have
an Drake SPR4 too. One thing I like about the receiver is the
presellector. I wish Drake would have left that in the newer receivers,
so using the MW550P really can help.  I wish the unit worked on LW
though. It goes to about 3 MHZ I think, but not below 530-540. I would
suggest one to anyone. Palstar has a guarantee, so if you don't like it,
Paul will return your money. Palstar is "Very DXer" friendly.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager