[IRCA] Current antenna projects

Current antenna projects include:

1.  A small copper tube loop, maybe under a foot in diameter.  The idea is
to see just how small a loop can be made and still have good nulling
capabilities.

2.  A BOG project.  Instead of running the 900' wire out in a straight line,
it will be run in a zigzag fashion going back and forth maybe ten feet, and
five feet between "zigs".  The idea is to slow the velocity of propagation
and see if a physically shorter space yields a useable directionality.  If
so, two wires will be set out and then phased.  It would be interesting to
get the 900' BOG effect in a 200' yard.

3.  Find out why two copper loops do not phase well.  I have set out two
loops about 200' apart, lined up in the same direction.  This should put the
loop null in the same azimuth on both.  Then phase them to either enhance
the null, or to null a different direction.  For example, set each loop to
null Atlanta on 750 and phase the two to null Caracas.

4.  Create a specific HD Radio antenna to eliminate the bad reception.  The
best plan I have is to use a two hundred foot antenna in a hundred foot
yard.  This would overlap into the neighbor's properties just as the HD
signal overlaps the adjacent frequencies.  I'm hoping that having the
antenna hog space that isn't mine will parallel the HD signal hogging
spectrum that isn't theirs and give good reception.

Well, hey, three out of four ain't bad..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI