Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] intriguing stuff on 540

On Saturday 09 December 2006 11:44, Stewart, Joseph R wrote:
> Well, speaking of Nicaragua on 1080 as we have in the wake of Barry's
> logging, R.Corporacion on 540 has been off frequency (several hundred
> hertz high) for years.

Right... they remain at around 540.180.  Bill mentioned hearing that het on
the #mwdx chat last night.  There are several other off-frequency 540
stations that remain unidentified.  As for Ecuador on 540, I heard R.
Tropicana in Guayaquil once in November 2004 (0400 UT), and haven't
heard them since - it was one of those "out of the blue" loggings like
1080 Nicaragua the other night.

Speaking of off-frequency stations, 720 is another channel with an interesting
selection - last night I had stations on 719.9040, 719.9525 and 720.1014.
I had bits of audio (all SS) from each at various times, but no IDs.  The
station near 720.1 is likely R. Catolica in Nicaragua (per the mwoffsets
list).  Another unid that has bugged me for years is on about 780.072,
usually drowned out by R. Coro.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON