Re: [IRCA] Nicaragua Logging

650 was acting up the other night.  WSM was totally not making it to the east coast and I'm sure I had a Latin on 650 but no IDs...but it sounded like one of those Latin stations on the SW tropical bands.  It's been many moons since I've heard any Latin Americans on 650.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

Barry McLarnon <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: The recent semi-auroral conditions have pretty much killed TA signals and
domestics in the mid- and far west here, but the silver lining is better
signals at times from Latin America.  Among some good LA loggings here
recently, this one stands out:

1080 NICARAGUA R. 15 de Septiembre, Managua DEC 7 0152 - Fair under
semi-nulled WTIC with "Radio Quince de Septiembre" ID, "mil ochenta kilohertz
en AM", mention of Nicaragua or Managua, "buonas noches", then into the
Nicaraguan national anthem.  Many thanks to Chuck Hutton for help with the
ID!  [McLarnon-ON]

I'm pleased with this one!  I don't recall seeing it being reported before by
anyone.  I haven't been able to find much info on this station, such as call
letters (if any) or transmitter power.  If anyone has some info, I'd love to
hear about it.

Audio clip available at:
http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/audio/nicaragua-1080-2152-6dec06.mp3

Barry