[IRCA] DX Engineering Updates

Spoke with the nice folks at DX Engineering today regarding their upcoming Noise Canceling
Controller (DXE-NCC-1). A prototype of this product first appeared at Dayton a few months ago.

According to the phone call today, the product should be released for sale in January. There
are no design or engineering problems, only production issues that have delayed the sale
of the product.

The specs on this high end phaser are impressive if they hold up. Output third order intercept
point of +32db per channel and +38db combined, along with 30db of fixed attenuation
plus +15db of variable attenuation per channel, which should make balancing signal
levels from dissimilar antennas much easier.

I'm very happy with my Quantum Phaser, but this product might be a real improvement
even over that fine unit.

I'm also considering the purchase of one of their horizontally polarized active antennas,
the DXE-ARAH-1P, which is a 210" active dipole antenna. According to the
company's web site, the horizontal configuration can greatly reduce ground wave
propagated noise in congested urban environments. We'll see.

Anyone on the lists have experience with active horizontal antennas?

I'm not affiliated with the company at all...just a happy customer. I've used their
beverage antenna parts to construct several BOGS over the past three years,
and been very pleased.

73,

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film