Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] FCC info on tone testers

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] FCC info on tone testers

I am a bit curious why all the official FCC, FBI and whatnot inquiries into
the location and legality of the recent 1610 and 1020 operations.  It's one
thing as DXers to try to figure where something is, and that's fine.
Bouncing emails and phone calls off governmental bodies for something we
have been told is a temporary thing just makes us appear to be busybodies.
We haven't been injured at all, and we have no dog in this fight.  It's been
a bit of fun, frankly.  In a week it'll be gone and we can get back to
griping about IBOC again.

And, were I the engineer who provided a glimmer of info on this only to be
wrung out for more, I'd think twice about doing that again.  Our loss..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI