Re: [IRCA] Multi-section capacitors

John, I am restoring several S-38's. The 4 section Cap is impossible to  find. A. Electronics has a 3 section cap that works for the 160 volt  ones. Then use a small 25mfd cap for the output tube..... If I get time  after work, I can send you the part numbers.. wont be home for a couple  hours....Dont forget to replace the rest of the PAPER caps...The square  MICA ones should be fine.

  Just finished one up this weekend...I will be happy to help you out all I can..
  Restoring these old rigs is alot of fun !!

  lee
  Oalca fl

John Hunter <jshunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi everyone, I'm restoring a couple of old Hallicrafters rigs (SW 500
and S-38B) and was wondering how you re stuff the power supply
multiple section tubular caps? Someone told me to just eliminate them
and solder caps of the proper values in place of them but I want to
do it right. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
73's
John Hunter
Rossville GA