[IRCA] accurian receiver review - part 4 of 4

[IRCA] accurian receiver review - part 4 of 4

Review of Radio Shack Accurian 12-1686 HD receiver
by Bob Foxworth    - in 4 parts

begin part 4 of 4

The receiver also delays anything it handles (analog
or digital, AM or FM) by about 100 ms behind the
signal as heard on an ordinary receiver. If a
previously heard -2 is still cached in the receiver,
the HD unlocks, and the -2 is tuned, silence results.
There were a couple of episodes where the tuning was
changed from a HD to a non-HD and a couple more
buttons had to be pressed to get the sound back.

Aux In. The fifth input option (2 AM, 2 FM and Aux)
lets you feed the output of another sound device
into the set. This is very useful to me. I have
several small digital recorders and can feed the
headset output through the set, with good results.
Take care to not overdrive the input, but a decent
headset level from the recorder should be optimum.

Insides. Here is a posting from the Broadcast list
digest which is quite interesting. As I may yet
return the set, I am not about to open it up.

Message: 20