[IRCA] HLAZ-1566 QSL

QSL card and letter in today from the Director of FEBC-Jeju,  Hwang
Yong Jin (that's how he signed it; typed name above read "Yong Jin,
Hwang") after about a month. This came directly from FEBC, P O Box
1566, 695-750, Jeju. I originally sent the report to Jeju as per
WRTH, but also sent a dupe report several weeks later to the lady in
Seoul who signed Pat Martin's verie since that seemed to be active.
Whatever works. I sent them a CD of some excellent audio recorded in
between 5:52-6:45am PDT on September 18. Enclosures show: Korean
0400-2000; Chinese 2000-2130, 2245-0230; Japanese 2130-2245; Russian
0230-0300. These would appear to be Korean times. Picture on QSL card
looks like their office and transmitter buildings with four in-line
towers plus one off-set. Jeju is on an island south of the Korean
peninsula; most of their signal goes NNW. Based on the station's
frequent appearance in West Coast loggings, there must be a bit of
leakage in this direction. I am pleased with this because I will soon
have a 24/7 local on 1560 which is already splattering on its first
adjacents.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n