Re: [IRCA] Where were you on 22 November 1963?

Re: [IRCA] Where were you on 22 November 1963?

I wasn't born until December 8, 1964.

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!

JUST A THOUGHT

Where were you on 22 November 1963?

I had called in sick on this day. This was so I could go downtown and see
JFK and his parade. At 12 noon I was standing on the corner of Harwood and
Main as his motorcade went by. As his car turned onto Main St.,  Kennedy was
less than 10 feet from me. I can remember looking straight into eyes. I just
did not know what was about to happen to him.

This was about 5 blocks away from where he was murdered.

After the motorcade had passed, I started for home, there wasn't anything on
the car radio about his shooting. It wasn't till around 1230, and I was
almost home, in south end of Dallas county, that the radio came alive with
the news. Then everything was filled with news of President Kennedy's death.
Seems that every radio station suddenly came alive with the news of JFK's
murder. Even my favorite radio at that time, KIXL-1040 stopped the music and
went to news.

I will guess that most on this list were not yet born, or so small they had
not started to school.

I wonder what the country would have been like IF he had lived?

Willis,K4APE
Old Fort, TN
(A transplanted Texan)