Re: [IRCA] Where were you on 22 November 1963?

Re: [IRCA] Where were you on 22 November 1963?

I was in the third grade and in school. The principle came on the
loudspeaker and announced either that he had been shot or had been shot and
was dead, I'm not sure which. I do know that it was a moment that is etched
in my mind and will be forever. My young mind could not fully comprehend
what had happened at that moment or even in the next few days when all
programs were cancelled and only footage of the funeral and motorcade etc.
were shown on TV. I saw Jack Ruby get shot live on national TV and that is
another monent I will never forget. I believe the world would have been a
much better place if he had been allowed to live and be the president that
the people willed he be. The Kennedy's were and still are a great family who
learned somehow that public service is probably one of the highest callings
on this earth especially if you have more than most. As you all know another
Kennedy was shot about 5 years later running for president and would have
won. I believe there are dark forces in this country (or world) that do not
want to see idealistic, liberal people such as Jack Kennedy be able to
change the status quo in this great big corporation that we call the USA.

Bob Young
Millbury, Ma