[IRCA] Big Sky DX special, Montana on MW

[IRCA] Big Sky DX special, Montana on MW

As I write this I have not yet read anyone else`s reports on this. Since I did
not record anything but obviously do have e-mail capability, I will not be
applying for any e-QSLs.

I managed to stay up a bit past 0700 UT Nov 19, using my bedside Realistic
12-656A with its internal ferrite bar antenna only, aimed toward MT. Promptly
at 0700 on 580 I heard VVV DE but could not copy anything further; who else
would be running a V marker on that frequency at that hour? Then up to 680, and
got plenty of identifiable material, altho always mixed with several other
stations. 0703 sweep tones, 0704 phone-off-the-hook, more sweeps; 0705 VVV DE
KKGR, sent rather rapidly but I still could copy it on the first try. 0715
recheck, more sweeps on 680.

930 was a lost cause with WKY here, mostly music in Spanish, tho I checked it a
couple times. No phasing here! From 0708 to 0713 or so tried 1290 and 1310 but
nothing; however, Art Bell from Manila was mentioning propagation on the 20 m
band being better in the equatorial regions where ionization lasts into the
night.

It wasn`t clear to me whether 750 would be on the air or not any during the
first hour, but WSB dominates here. It did fade down a couple of times, and MT
should have made it if on with 50 kW ND. Thanks to everyone involved in making
this sextuple-test happen. 73, Glenn Hauser, Enid OK