Re: [IRCA] serious antenna farm

I'd like to see some photos. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Stephen Hawkins
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:28 AM
To: IRCA Mailing list
Subject: [IRCA] serious antenna farm

Gangue,

This is a little off the BCB DX topic.  At the end of October I operated the
first half of a Ham Radio contest from a friends house.  He has a farm here
in central Iowa and lots of room for antennas.  I drool everytime I go
there.

He has 18 towers.  2 x 80M 4 squares, and a 160M 4 square.  Four Stacked
mono-band yagis on rotatable towers for each band.  Plus some fixed stacks.
In the works is a second rotatable tower with stacked 4 x 40M yagis, that
will be phased with the first rotatable tower with stacked 4 x 40M yagis.
Plus 2 beverages in the summer, increased to 4 in the winter, when the crops
have been harvested out of the way.  A finished basement Ham Shack with a
kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom for guest ops during contest
weekends.

When he has the other two beverages back up I am going to try some BCB DXing
from there.  I'll let you know how that works out.

I will send photos to anyone interested.  Let me know how fast your Internet
connection is, so I don't choke it.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001