[IRCA] XEPE-1700

Conditions have been generally lousy here since the ol' Sol kicked up his
heels a few days ago, but last night I noticed that there was an interesting
mix of stuff on 1700, so I decided to record there overnight.  I wasn't
disappointed - all of the US stations except for WJCC were heard quite well,
and I also logged XEPE for the first time.  I was pretty sure I had them when
CNN Headline News started showing up in the wee hours, and later on I heard
some ads with references to San Diego and Ensenada, and finally some "Cash
1700" slogans.  The channel thinned out nicely as LSR approached, leaving
only KBGG and XEPE, with XEPE fading out 10 minutes after LSR, and KBGG a few
minutes later.

Folks in the east should be looking for this one if they haven't already
snagged them... Mexicans have become rather scarce in these parts of late.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON