[IRCA] Grundig Mini 300PE

I just finished reading Eric Bryan's review of the
Tecsun R-919/Grundig Mini 300PE in the November issue
of "Monitoring Times."  In the review, he states that
his Tecsun has a "rubberized coating covering the
plastic cabinet."  He received the radio from a
seller in Hong Kong.  I have a Grundig Mini 300PE that
I purchased from a stateside seller.  It does NOT have
the rubberized coating.  Instead, it has the plain
yellow plastic case.

Is this difference because his radio was sold as a
Tecsun and mine was sold as a Grundig?  Personally,
I prefer the plain plastic case.  I have a Magnavox
D-1875 (a re-badged Philips D-1875) with a rubberized
black case.  Over the years, the case has become
gritty and yucky to hold.  It sometimes leaves a
black residue on your hands, especially if you're
using it outside in the summer.

I have been impressed with my Mini 300PE.  For a
"less-than-$50" radio, it does quite well.  I have
all 3 of the "Mini" radios - the Mini 100PE, the
Mini 200PE, and the Mini 300PE.  I like them all!

73 & Great DX'ing!!

--
Stephen Ponder N5WBI
Southeast TX DXer