Re: [IRCA] WTWP has shut off IBOC

> Since Monday 11/6 until today 11/8, I have noticed that WTWP has not
> been running IBOC.  I don't know yet if this is permanent.
>
> Bill Harms

Have you considered mailing the obligatory thank-you letter
to the GM, advising that you have noticed the recent
improvement in audio quality in the past 2 days, and
hoping it is permanent? After all, you do qualify as a local
listener, and have "standing" to comment.

One of the big secrets about IBOC, as I see it, is that they
believe no one notices the degradation in analog AM. If
they thought people did notice, perhaps it would tip the
balance in some marginal cases to stations holding
off on deployment, or even undeploying it.

Just a thought....

- Bob                            2343 est