Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 5Khz to 6Khz Sweep Tones and/or Morse Code

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 5Khz to 6Khz Sweep Tones and/or Morse Code

> The philosophical question that arises is this. Present day
> testing uses AM detection of modulated CW notes (instead
> of detection of voice which contains much less spectral
> density). Even hearing a modulated CW note still adheres
> to the concept of hearing the desired DX station in AM mode,
> which is the manner in which the station is intended to
> broadcast. I think this "legitimizes" the logging.

Oh man, this brings back memories.  You and I had this conversation in the
70's when I used the 5KHz morse on the WSYB-1380 test in Vermont.  Not sure
we ever really figured if it could be claimed or not.  Didn't matter to me,
but it was a good bit of philosophy to wrangle...

The question was, are we able to claim a station on an even 10KHz channel
when it was actually heard on the 5KHz split.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI