Re: [IRCA] DDXD-W / New TIS/HAR (or Part 15 or ???) in Chula Vista, CA

Re: [IRCA] DDXD-W / New TIS/HAR (or Part 15 or ???) in Chula Vista, CA

Yes - WNUB568 is located at the fire department (at the address you've
listed), which is about 9 miles west of where this new station must be
located.  WNUB568 was having audio problems the last time they
recorded a message several years ago; they had been running OC for a
few years, and have been silent for perhaps about a year.  The signs
for this station are still up - they are located on the offramps from
I-5 south and I-805 south at E Street.

The CalTrans station WNSB415 in South San Diego (CA-905 @Beyer Blvd.
between I-5 and I-805), which has moved from 1610 to 530 to 1700 to
1620, has a huge signal on 1620.  This must be more than 10 watts.
They hold their own against XEUT-1630, which is nowhere near the
blowtorch they used to be.

WNPF405 San Diego (Balboa Park TIS) on 1610 is currently silent.  They
often (but not always) go off the air for the winter.

The 1660 station at the convention center in downtown San Diego is on
(I forget their calls, something like WPJP551; the woman who records
their messages has never got them right yet).

WPUA825 on 1690 at San Diego Lindbergh Field is on the air but getting
pulverized by our newest border blaster, XEPE-1700.

I didn't hear the park service TIS on 890 at the Cabrillo NM last time
I scanned that part of the dial, but I have heard them recently and
believe they are still on.

73, Tim