Re: [IRCA] Vashon TX Sites + Trivia

Mike,

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Some of it I knew about KJR & KOMO
switching. The old KXA 770 I QSL'd years ago with 1 KW. KQIN the same on
800 with 250w. Also KDFL 1560, today is KZIZ. Alot of history in Seattle
radio. That is the main thing I really like about QSLing. So much
history. So much of it is lost too. In our own area the Operations
Manager of New NW BCing in Astoria did not know the early story on KAST.
Moving here from K. Falls. It came on in 1922, moved by side car to
Astoria in 1925 on 1230. Moved to 1370 in the 30s and boosted to 1 KW.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager