[IRCA] TPs 27 October: Like Another Girl I Dated: Fairly Disturbed

[IRCA] TPs 27 October: Like Another Girl I Dated: Fairly Disturbed

Friends,

I was back on my regular schedule this morning... at the dials about
90 minutes before dawn. As things played out, all I can say is
"unpredictable and fairly disturbed, but interesting."  I really did
date her in high school, too!

During the pre-dawn run, the JJ Big Guns were noticeably
suppressed... mostly still there, but way down.  Several surprises,
though.  675 Viet Nam was excellent when I first passed them at 1325
and they stayed that way all morning.  So, too, with CNR1 on 639. The
biggest surprise was on 774, normally dominated by studio-quality JJ
from 500 kw JOUB, sometimes with a Chinese behind it.  At 1331, I
could hear the JJ, but running on top of it was Korean!  The only
thing listed in PAL are two 10 kw MBC stations in South Korea.
WOW!  It was so far on top that there was no question that it was
Korean, either.... I've never heard that before. Several other
Koreans and Chinese were in quite well early. When I hit the top of
the dial, 1575, the radio practically smoked! VOA Thailand was
stronger than I've ever heard them at 1349.  They were still at or
near that level an  hour later at max dawn. The heart of dawn
enhancement itself wasn't really that exciting, with things getting a
bit stronger, but nothing really unusual either by strength or
station (except for what has been mentioned.) Fifteen minutes after
LSR, though, a few things REALLY popped up in strength. 729, a
somewhat unusual North Korean here,  was booming in, as were the
normal Chinese/Manchurian transmitters on 945, 963 and 1017. 972
South Korea was also huge late, as was 1287 Sapporo.

So not too much new, at all, but quite interesting for an "off"
morning.  John B.